Saturday, September 17, 2005

knowing when to stop

Last night I watched 'Fearless', and it was great... because I stopped the film two minutes before the nominal ending, where the film would have ended had they not dumbed it down for an American audience. While seeing how deftly they managed to completely fuck up and negate the previous two hours of storyline in those last two minutes is educational, it's not very entertaining. I'm going to rip the DVD, edit out the final scene, and make my own director's cut of the film so I don't need to be so quick with the remote.

This got me thinking about time, and what I'd being doing with it if I had more directorial control over my life. I feel like I am in a variable time stasis field... weeks will go by in a blink, and then a night will last forever. I'm somewhat torn about this site... it's my primary interface to the world, 'putting myself out there' as it were, and I've met some Good People who were kind enough to tolerate my rants. I haven't actually decided yet, but I think it might be time to put this blog to rest. But it's one thing, knowing when to stop, and another thing entirely knowing what to do with my time after I have stopped. Time will tell.

2 Comments:

Blogger JT said...

Never seen Fearless. Now I'm interested.

Good use of metaphor in what may be your last post.
 

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It would be such a pity! Unlike many other blogs which describe the mundane events of the author’s life in excruciating detail, your blog is a mine of information. I have learnt a lot merely by reading your posts and following the links. Even your rants were philosophical and detached, and at times gave the impression that you were talking about a third person. I understand that it is not easy to find motivation for continuing with a task for a longtime (three years now?); nevertheless, I hope that you would continue to post, and we would have the benefit of your scintillating and thought-provoking analysis.
Wishing you all the best in life.
Anna
  Post a Comment
return to front page