Saturday, February 26, 2005

i can't help but wonder if i'd rally or fold

Your waiter reports from the front lines.

As I’m walk to my car I think about that young woman. I wonder how I would cope if, God forbid, I was in a similar situation. I once knew a coworker who lost both legs above the knee in a car accident. After rehab he became a computer whiz, cashed in on the dot com boom, married a knockout, and lives in a big house in Delaware with a veritable legion of children. He still drives his own car. I also knew a patient who lost a foot to diabetes. He killed himself soon after amputation surgery.

I shake my head. There are a lot of variables to consider. I guess it depends on the person and their prior history. I can’t help but wonder if I’d rally or fold.

Some strikingly human observations... leave a good tip.

1 Comments:

Blogger tina said...

There's this woman I see at the market a lot who has lost her right arm and left leg. She uses a hook on the arm and crutches to get around on, no fancy prosthetics. She's young and hot and wears great clothes--sleeveless tops, short skirts. I love it that she doesn't dress to hide anything. I do--to hide my fat stomach! Urgh. :)

I wonder, too, if I'd rally or fold. Probably most people do quite a bit of both.

Hope you're well.

Tina / kinnarium
  Post a Comment
return to front page