Monday, January 31, 2005

who knows where the time goes

It's hard for me to evaluate how well I am doing, sometimes. An unfortunate side-effect of trying to think with a brain that is trapped in a body in rebellion. It's like a real war - messengers can't be trusted, the logistics of delivering medical supplies to where they are needed takes up most of my time, and there are heavy casualties. Charlie is everywhere, and he don't surf.

But when I start getting "where are you?" notes and notice that it's been over a week since I wrote anything online, I tune back in for awhile. Just to show I care. And I do check in on the webpages of Julie (good friend) and Sarah (complete stranger) every day or two.

So, for those of you who keep tabs on me through this site, here is the scoop: I don't look a day over 60. Except on the rare day when I feel good enough to get up and about, when I look pretty good - this extreme-nausea diet is really working well. No Fatkin's diet for me... just plain don't eat. I'm around 175 lbs right now, which is a bit low for my physiotype and height, but I look like I did 15 years ago... I don't know if that says more about my situation now, or my situation back then. Either way it beats the hell out of being fat.