Sunday, January 16, 2005

hit the nail right on the head

Truth is stranger than fiction? At this point, I think truth is humping fiction's leg. Someone please tell me this is a joke.

Another Darwin Award semi-finalist somehow managed to nailgun himself in the mouth without noticing. I think we must assume that the nail (further?) severed the 'clue' circuitry in his brain. He did, however, maintain enough functionality to complain about a 'toothache' for six days before going to the dentist.

"We all are friends, so I thought the (dentists) were joking ... then the doctor came out and said 'There's really a nail,'" Katerina Lawler said. "Patrick just broke down. I mean, he had been eating ice cream to help the swelling."

Well thank fuck for that. This guy's quick-thinking ice-cream judo skills probably saved his life.

Just to be on the safe side, I think I'm going to stock up on Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey... you know, for emergencies.