Monday, December 13, 2004

way out in the water see it swimming

Just got 'home' from the Pixies concert at the Hammerstein Ballroom. It didn't surprise me in the least that they fucking rocked. It was a great show... Frank was in the groove and Kim looked like she was having a good time. They played pretty much everything I wanted to hear, plus did some sort of jazz variations on 'Wave of Mutilation', their original version and the UK Surf version..

Julie and I danced like it was 20 years ago... it was good to see her out having fun - it doesn't matter what your life is like, everyone needs a night out every once in awhile. When I met Julie's daughters they were asking questions about how long I had known Julie. I told them "I knew your mom when she used to rock & roll". Turns out she still can.

Me, not so much. There's a pain pill with my name on it upstairs, and I'm heading that way tout suite.

Julie's written about our Night On The Town... her post is like this one, only with adjectives. :)