Thursday, March 11, 2004

possible sighting of vertebrate presidential candidate

Ok, I admit it, they could run a bag of Cheetos against Bush and I'd vote for the Cheetos... the guy makes me sick and I believe that we'll be paying for the shame he's brought on our country for a long time. Some idealistic part of me wishes there would be someone to vote for, rather than always having to vote against, but it's very rare that any candidate is worthy of respect, while there are always candidates to fear. Anyway, I was surprised by John Kerry today, and I'm not often surprised by politicos, unless one happens to think up some particularly new and innovative way of fucking the people that I hadn't been aware of before.

Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry on Thursday rejected demands that he apologize for calling his critics in the Republican Party "the most crooked, you know, lying group I've ever seen."

"I have no intention whatsoever of apologizing for my remarks," Kerry said during a news conference on the Senate side of the Capitol. "I think the Republicans need to start talking about the real issues before the country."

Follow the link on the previous post and make your own decisions about who should apologize.

I'm not going to place much faith in Kerry, because even if he is a great president he's still going to be stuck with the task of cleaning up the mess Bush made... it's a thankless task, and it won't take long for the sheepulace to start pining for another fascist like Bush so they can wave their flags and feel good about their country again. My only hope is that whoever our next president is, they do less damage than this one. If Kerry is the guy, and he turns out to actually have some ethics and the spine to see things carried out, that would just be frosting. It almost seems like too much to hope for right now.