Wednesday, March 24, 2004

personal update 24 March 04

I've been more incommunicado than ever, lately, because I've been going through a rough patch... last week was somewhere near the worst week of my life, on the pain scale, and I haven't felt like doing much of anything. Hopefully the next month will bring some answers... I'm getting a few MRIs done before I see the neurologist, the pain management doc is doing another diagnostic nerve block, and the other docs have got me on some new meds that might help in the meantime, though I am pretty skeptical about the whole thing having gone so long without any real relief.

I did have one good morning, this past week, when I got up and walked around the yard. It was the first time I'd been back there since the walkaround prior to buying the house. I can already see the hand of Anne-Marie in the subtle changes around the yard: a new plant here, trimmings there, soil turned in anticipation of some new addition. It's going to be a great space.