Tuesday, December 02, 2003

Personal update 2 Dec 03

Yesterday I went in to the pain management clinic for another diagnostic nerve block procedure. They blocked my 9th, 10th, and 11th ribs on the right near the spinal cord. I am currently (30 hours later) feeling about 50% of the usual right-side pain, and 100% of the left. The fentanyl patches aren't taking much of the pain away, but neither are they taking much of my cognitive abilities away, so I think I will continue ramping up on them and see what happens. I'm in bed all but one or two hours of each day... I do what I can until the pain gets to be too much, then I go lay down again. My next visit to the pain management clinic is on 29 December.

AM and I are working on the new house; we're refinishing some of the wood floors, installing bamboo flooring upstairs, and swapping out an epidemic of butt-ugly light fixtures that appear to have infected the house in the 70s.

Our 17th anniversary is coming up in a couple of weeks... I'm still often surprised at how we continue to grow closer, how much it feels like home when she is near.