Saturday, November 01, 2003

Life or something like it

It's been awhile since I made a personal post on this blog, so here goes:

I'm still not doing very well... I've been in and out of the hospital, had more fucking needles in my arm than I care to think about, and have become rather familiar with the view from inside a catscan machine. I'm rarely out of bed, and when I am I usually need pain medication. Every once in awhile, I get a day when I am able to move around... a couple of afternoons ago, AM and I went for a walk on Mt Tabor, watched the sun go down.

We're in the process of buying a house, and this time it looks like it's going to stick. The owners are having some work done before we move in, and we are going to do some of our own (refinish the wood floors) as well. The house sits on what is almost a double lot... 80'x100', with the house pressed up against one corner of the lot so the remaining yard is huge.

I'm going to Seattle for the weekend... it's been awhile since I've been anywhere, and Jason Webley is having his yearly 'last show ever', which I have wanted to see for years. I'm going to stay at the Green Tortoise hostel, and hopefully see Rex, who runs the place (and was one of our drivers on the Baja trip we took in February).