Sunday, October 05, 2003

A year has passed...

...since I left my job; Friday 3 October was the first anniversary. Wow.

I had no choice but to leave... that job was killing me. Actually, I think that job is still killing me. I've spent about two-thirds of the past year in bed. My body is doing inexplicable things to itself, so I get to play Stump-the-Chump with every doctor I meet, which invariably results in some new drug (and therefore some combinatorially large number of new drug interactions) being added to the mix, without any actual long-term benefit. (Hell, often without any short term benefit). The only theory I can come up with is that alot of the problems are stress related, since the stresses I was under at Tek were clearly damaging and not sustainable.

Last night I almost ended up in the ER again... if I have problems again tonight I am just going to go right away, even though I am pretty cynical about the whole thing. They want me to have some clear isolated symptoms (do you have a fever?) or an obvious problem to fix (maybe I should arrange to get myself shot in the abdomen), these complex systemic problems defy the tendency of western medicine practitioners to put every little problem in its little box.

I am just somewhat uncomfortably passing the time...