Friday, October 03, 2003

Checking in

The last 5 or 6 days have been (no contest, really) the most pain-full days of my life. I've got some new and exciting dreadful thing going on inside me... I've seen a doctor about it already (no useful outcome) and come very close to going to the ER a couple of times. On a good day I can walk from here to the kitchen; mostly I am in too much pain to even use the laptop, which, if you know me, you know how fucking frustrating that must be.

Anne-Marie has been my safe harbor throughout this whole protracted process... and now it looks like I am dying anyway, and there isn't anything she can do to stop it, and she's having a tough time with that. She's been the most... well, just the most. I feel so rude or something for continuing to be sick when this beautiful woman is in my life.

Anyway, if you haven't heard from me lately, it doesn't mean I am not thinking of you.