Thursday, October 09, 2003

Back from the dead, sorta

About 20 minutes after my last post, Joey dragged me to the emergency room at Anne-Marie's hospital. I spent the night getting numerous tests done with an IV in my arm. In the morning, they shot me over to the gastroenterologist, who knocked me out and put a camera down my throat... things don't look so good in there.

They still don't have any idea *what* is causing the problem, they just know these things: my spleen, which is supposed to look roughly like a pear, instead looks more like a human foot, about 3 times the size it should be. My stomach and intestines are pretty much constantly cramped, no obvious reason why, but they look like they are tearing themselves apart.

I came home last night and just crashed, got my first whole night of sleep in more than two weeks. Mmmmm.... sleep.